This tutorial was originally developed as a workshop for WECode 2017.
Table of Contents
- Set up your development environment
- Create a new Ember app using Ember CLI
- Add more content to your Ember app
- Create a server with Express
- Add an interactive Ember route
- Deploy to Heroku
What You Should Know Before You Begin
- Some familiarity with the command line is expected.
- If you’ve never used the command line before, you may want to try a tutorial for your operating system, or a general introduction before starting this tutorial.
- Some familiarity with Git is helpful.
- If you’ve never used Git or any other version control software before, you may want to glance through a quick guide first.
- If you have used a different version control software before, you may want to check out a comparison between that software and Git to familiarize yourself with the concepts unique to Git.
- Web development experience is NOT required.
- We’ll be going over some basics throughout this tutorial!
Tutorial: around an hour
Caveat: These are totally estimates that will vary based on your familiarity with web development concepts, and if you’ve ever used any of the technologies in this tutorial, and if the way that I explain things makes as much sense to your brain as it does to my brain.